Unemployment is one of the major crises in India which is affecting several people residing here especially to the youth generation. This major problem needs full attention of government along with citizens of country in equal manner so that we can prevent or end this issue completely from our country. In this section, we have given detailed information about this social problem of unemployment in India with causes, impacts and solutions in the form of essays with different words count. Five essays are given here which are divided in two categories “Long essay on Unemployment” and “Short Essay on Unemployment”.
Short Essay on Unemployment
In this category, three essays are given with 100, 200 and 300 words count. All the essays are in simple and easy language with brief description on Unemployment in India.
Unemployment Essay 1 (100 words)
Many social issues have been raising head in our country in which unemployment is one of the major issues of concern among them. The person who is searching for a job according to his or her qualification and requirement but does not able to find it then he or she will come in category of unemployed person. Crisis of unemployment exists in India due to the increased population and less number of job vacancies, people are more and jobs are less in India. Several sectors have limited seats for hiring people like manufacturing plants and IT companies including government sectors too. Unemployment has been the biggest reason for other major issues in India like poverty, financial crises, increased crime and non development of society.
Unemployment Essay 2 (200 words)
Now a day, in India unemployment is believed as biggest curse for youths, who are well educated and high degree holder but still could not get success in finding a suitable job for themselves. India is the underdeveloped country and trying to overcome various social issues existed here since many years, unemployment is one of them and is still becoming the reason for non development of nation.
Increased population, recession in individual business sector, less number of jobs, corruption and competition among youths are the main reason of unemployment. The inferiority feeling due to unemployment affects the person and his family completely by physical and mental level and forces them to take wrong decisions about themselves. Sometime, the financial crisis due to unemployment triggers victim people to commit suicide. Issue of unemployment affects especially those youth population of country who has completed their education from higher education colleges or institutes after spending a huge amount of money but could not be able to get a suitable job for them.
Though rate of unemployment has been decreased in recent years but still demands a special attention by government of India in manner to provide more jobs for deserving and aspiring people. Control in population, development of rural areas, and by promoting youths to make career in various non famous sectors including agricultural, we can get success in removing the problem of unemployment from our country.
Unemployment Essay 3 (300words)
Unemployment is the situation of those people who are willing to do a job but could not be able to get it according to their requirement and qualifications. Many people mostly youth population are facing this problem since many years in India as increased population stands the situation of competition all around. Mostly people are attracted towards the same profession which has limited availability of employment thus the situation of unemployment arise. Lack of interest of people towards agricultural and industrial sectors lead the situation of unemployment. People who are suffering from the crisis of unemployment have to face various problems like physical and mental harassment and depression, social abuse, forced to choose or accept the wrong way of getting money in form of crime and violence, or sometime the hazardous results come in the form of suicide commitment by people due to being unemployed.
Solutions can be find out for handling this major problem of unemployment in India by doing some kind of efforts through government and the responsible citizens of India. Development of education system should be in such manner that student would get practical and technical knowledge while pursuing the professional studies from any professional educational institutes along with the opportunity of college campus selection for getting good job opportunity. Industrial and agricultural sector should be promoted and modified by government in manner to attract people as a desiring working area.
Without doing some efforts, we cannot think of getting success in any field and this is proved in matter of the major issue of unemployment too. In spite of letting unemployment be the reason for down fall of the country, we should handle this issue in such manner that everyone gets a suitable job and helps in increasing the economy of country.
Long Essay on Unemployment
In this category, three essays are given with 400 and 600 words count and having detailed information about this burning issue of Unemployment in India. Both the essays are useful for students and other people of any age and are beneficial for those who are taken part in essay writing competition in the schools and colleges.
Unemployment Essay 4 (400 words)
Unemployment, the major concern, which is becoming the biggest barrier in development of our country, needs a strict and proper attention by all sectors of India including government or non government organizations. Unemployment has been the major problem in India since many years and affected many people physically and mentally. Most of the young age people, who have a professional degree, have to struggle for a good and suitable job for themselves due to under developed and inefficient education system and lack of vacancies in relevant sectors of major companies in India.
Causes and Affects:
Various causes are existed behind the failure of a person in getting a better job for him or her like:
- First of all the overpopulation of country, which brings the competition in all professional sectors.
- Ineffective education system, which fails in the proper development of a student as a professional employee with complete knowledge including theoretical information and practical experiences.
- Under developed rural areas from where people are moving towards the developed urban areas for finding a job or other professional career.
- Underdeveloped business sectors which are still not an attraction for students as a working place like agriculture field and cottage industries.
- Due to recession in major sector of business firms, the situation of removal of employees and unemployment occurs.
- Underemployment is the second version of unemployment which occurs in that situation when people fail to get a job of their own choice and have to compromise in terms of low salary or low level job according to their qualifications.
Effects and Results of unemployment:
Firstly unemployment becomes the reason of downfall of a country in terms of its economical situation and also encourages the criminal affairs. Due to being unemployed people are forced to take wrong decisions for the survival of family. Some time they got trapped in criminal occurrence and sometime went into a deep mental depression. The hazardous results come in case of unemployment when victim person or his/her family members are forced to commit suicide due to the poor financial condition of family because of unemployment.
Unemployment is the situation when people are unable to find a suitable job or any kind of other occupation for earning the monthly income needed for the survival of their family. It’s time for giving attention to this major issue of unemployment which can be the reason of destruction of a family and our country. Solutions are many but without doing efforts no problem can be solved thus it is our combined duty along with government to recover this critical situation of unemployment too in an efficient manner.
Unemployment Essay 5 (600 words)
India is a developing country and many social issues or problems are still becoming the reason of non development of our country, Unemployment is one of them which are one of the biggest crises in India. Unemployment is the situation when a qualified person could not able to get a suitable job for him. In India the problem of unemployment has been rapidly increasing in recent past years due to increased population and the major downfall in many business sectors. Recession in many business companies led the problem of unemployment and also affects many of the families whom survival depends on the monthly income getting from that company.
Difference between unemployment and Underemployment:
Unemployment or under employment are almost the same with a thin line difference like in case of underemployment, people have a source of earning in form of a job but not as per their qualification or education level. Low salary job for higher educated person is also comes under the category of under employment. Person who is able to do full time work but due to lack of resources or situation they are forced to do part time work also. These are the cases of underemployed people which is slight different from the situation of unemployed people.
Reason of unemployment in India:
Though many reasons led the problem of unemployment in India some are:
- Increased population: Due to increased population people could not able to get a job as various applicants apply for a same job.
- Education system: Ineffective and low quality education system providing theoretical knowledge prevents students to get practical and knowledgeable education which becomes the cause of unemployment in India.
- Lack of career opportunity: Major down fall in various sectors in India has less number of opportunities for the aspiring candidates.
- Lack of interest in industrial sector: Mostly youth generation are attracted towards a particular job profile and do not show the interest in industrial sector.
- Under employment: Migration of people from rural to urban areas to become the part of crowd, also lead the situation of unemployment.
- Preference to Experienced: Criteria of selecting candidates with having experience rather than fresher, this lead the problem of unemployment.
Impact of unemployment on people:
Problem of Unemployment in India gives birth to various other issues that are completely too hazardous for young generations, these are:
- Due to mental stress people came in to position of depression.
- Sometime they are forced to choose the way of crime and violence to get income for the survival of their family.
- To avoid the mental situation due to unemployment, people are haunted by bad habits of drugs and alcohol.
- Some time they are forced to commit suicide due to mental pressure.
How to recover from this problem:
To overcome this situation of unemployment in India various ways can be find out some of these are:
- Population should be controlled in manner to provide more job opportunities for limited people.
- Education system and quality of education in country’s professional institutes should be improved in order to provide technical and practical knowledge so that they can face the all situation in their professional career very efficiently.
- Government should focus on improvement of each and every sector individually especially agriculture so that people could not be forced to move from rural to urban areas for getting better job opportunities.
- Development of rural areas is required to prevent the migration of people from those places so that they can get the opportunity of job without moving from there.
National crisis of unemployment affects a huge population of India especially a youth generation who are the future leader of our country. Thus the result of unemployment comes in the form of non development of nation. Though government has taken too many steps regarding to remove this problem from India but still could not be able to get complete success. It’s time for people of India along with government to be come together and face this problem with unity.
Essay on Barriers to the Women Empowerment ...
Essay on Necessity is the Mother of ...
Being a student always means doing a lot of written assignments: book or movie reviews, essays, research and term papers, lab reports etc. Essay and paper writing are probably the most popular among them. Popular but, to tell the truth, not the easiest.
Very often students face difficulties while writing these two types of assignments. So there is a need to remind, in brief, how a good essay and paper should look. Let’s do it by choosing some particular topics for them. For example, let’s talk about essay on unemployment and euthanasia research paper writing.
Essay on Unemployment: Writing Tips
First of all, your essay on unemployment should start with an introduction. There your thesis statement, which is the main idea of your essay, the one you will develop in your body paragraphs, should be written.
In your body paragraphs your task is to explain the problem issue of your essay unemployment to your readers. This should be done in three paragraphs. Remember that each paragraph should contain a topic sentence and all the other sentences should support it.
The final part of your essay on unemployment is your conclusions. Here all your thoughts should be summarized and a general conclusion should be given. Try not to make this part of your essay too long. Short, clear conclusions are always better than the long ones.
Unemployment Essay Sample
What are the cities with the highest rate of unemplyment in the world? What are the economical reasons for such high rates?
One of the socio-economic problems of the current stage of development of the United States is the problem of unemployment. The unemployment entails the squandering of the main productive force of the society – the labor force – on an enormous scale, a significant reduction in the national income and country’s potential gross product. Apparently, with incomplete use of available labor resources, the economic system works without reaching the limits of its production (Rampell 49) capabilities. Thus, the unemployment rate is one of the key indicators for determining the general state of the economy, for assessing its effectiveness and because of this, the problem of unemployment in the United States is becoming extremely topical.
The unemployment is a macroeconomic issue that has the most direct and substantial impact on every person living in the country. It is necessary to understand that unemployment represents a part of the population of the country consisting of people who have reached the working age, are unemployed and are in search of work during a given period of (Rampell 49) time. A mass unemployment during the economic crisis of 2008-2009 was a real catastrophe for the American people. According to the contracts of the Department of Labor, the unemployment in September 2009 was 9.8% and since that time it continues to (Bureau of Labor Statistics 1) grow. The level of unemployment is much higher in the states, for instance, in Michigan it exceeds 15%. The Bureau of Labor Statistics in the U.S. Department of Labor regularly publishes data on the scale of unemployment according to the state and industry in the United States. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics does not take into account those who are not able to find a full-time job or are forced to engage in low-skilled work. The high unemployment rate in the state of Michigan is connected with the problematic condition of the automobile industry, in California – with the budget deficit exceeding $ 25 billion, in Utah – with the features of religious attitude of Mormons to (Rampell 53) work. It is also known that employment centers and labor fairs work better in Washington state and Virginia which has contributed to the lower unemployment rate. The whole list of cities in the United States with the highest rate of unemployment can be represented as follows:
- Yuma, Arizona (November, 2014 unemployment rate – 23.1%);
- El Centro, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 22.7%);
- Ocean City, N.J. (November, 2014 unemployment rate – 12.3%);
- Visalia-Porterville, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 12.2%);
- Merced, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 12.1%);
- Yuba City, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 12%);
- Hanford-Corcoran, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 11.7%);
- Atlantic City-Hammonton, N.J. (November, 2014 unemployment rate – 11.3%);
- Fresno, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 11.2%);
- Madera, Calif. (November, 2014 unemployment rate – 10.7%);
- Modesto, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 10.6%);
- Stockton-Lodi, Calif. (November, 2014 unemployment rate – 10.5%);
- Bakersfield, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 9.6%);
- Vineland-Bridgeton, N.J. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 9.2%);
- Yakima, Wash. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.8%);
- Longview, Wash. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.8%);
- Salinas, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.5%);
- Dalton, Ga. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.3%);
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, Texas (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.2%);
- Redding, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.1%);
- Rockford, Ill. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.1%);
- Danville, Ill. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.1%);
- Lake Havasu City-Kingman, Ariz. (November, 2014 unemployment rate – 8.0%);
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif. (November 2014 unemployment rate – 8.0%) (Bureau of Labor Statistics 1).
During the 2009 recession, unemployment covers all sectors of the economy and services in the U.S.: not only industry, construction and transport, but also trade, finance, business, and professional services, and even the tourism and entertainment (Rampell 62) industry. The largest dismissal of the state occurred in such industries as manufacturing, construction, wholesale and retail trade, the least dismissal happened in the agriculture, in the mining and oil and gas (Rampell 62) industry. At the same time, the highest unemployment rate that was recorded among the U.S. residents who were between the ages of 16 and 19 was 18.3%. In the United States, there is a high level of unemployment at the age of 55-59, which is associated with the differentiation of admission to (Rampell 63) work. This discrimination over the age drives people into a chronic stagnant form of unemployment and leads to a de-qualification. The number of unemployed men was almost two million more than women. The number of unemployed men was 7.2 million which is 57.8% (Bureau of Labor Statistics 1). In February 2009, the level of unemployed women in the United States was approximately 5.25 million people who are 42.2% (Bureau of Labor Statistics 1). In the active labor market, a relatively large number of people for one reason or another fall into the ranks of the unemployed during the year. However, the duration of such periods in the United States is short. The United States of America holds the first place in the world regarding the number of jobs created annually. Starting from 2009-2010, in the United States “American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan” was designed in order to help in the short term to combat unemployment, and in the long term to ensure the continued economic (Aaronson & Brave 25) growth. The plan is a combination of two methods: a large-scale budget investments in the economy and reduction of the taxes. The total cost of this project was $ 800-900 billion (Aaronson & Brave). The United States concentrated on the task of improving the structure of working places for people. The programs that have been developed are aimed to optimize the use of workers’ potential. The basis of such programs in the United States is an individual approach to each employee in the company, providing opportunities for in-service training in the workplace on an individual plan and advising on career issues as (Aaronson & Brave 31) well.
In this paper, the socio economic nature of unemployment was analyzed, and the characteristics of unemployment in the U.S. labor market were examined. While studying the problem of unemployment in the United States, the reason for the sharp increase in the unemployment rate in 2008-2010 was identified. It related to the decline in production and structural transformation in the economy as a result of the crisis phenomena. It should be noted that the policy to combat unemployment in the United States is quite effective because it is able not only to reduce unemployment to a normal level but also to ensure a sustainable economic growth.
Aaronson & Brave. Estimating the Trend in Employment Growth (PDF). Federal Reserve Bank
of Chicago. June 2013. Web. 30 Aug. 2017.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. How the Government Measures Unemployment. October 2012.
Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ Web. 30 Aug. 2017.
Rampell, Catherine. The Forgotten Long-Term Unemployed. NYT. November 2012. Web. 30 Aug. 2017.